Similarly to sporks, skorts and horses, some of the best things in life serve more than one function.
A new recipe I wandered past promises the same thing … cookie bowls!
This GENIUS manifestation of the ubiquitous cookie recipe is so obvious, and yet so easy and most importantly DELICIOUS.
1. Your favorite cookie recipe … I chose the classic Toll House chocolate chip.
2. A muffin tin
3. butter, shortening, greasing spray
1. Prepare the cookie recipe as directed. The original URL I found the recipe on (http://www.wilton.com/recipe/Sugar-Cookie-Bowls) insists you use their products, but it is unnecessary. It may also be easier to use a cookie dough roll or break-and-bake dough from the grocery store … but, as you understand, I’m cheap.
2. Grease the back side of the muffin tin liberally. This is the convex side where no logical human has put any baked goods … UNTIL NOW.
3. Bake the cookies as per usual. Then pop out the bowls when they’ve cooled. Don’t worry … even if they break apart little or are a wee ugly … no one will tell once you fill them up with cookies, fresh fruit or bacon … whatever you choose. THEY WILL, INSTEAD, BE AMAZED AT YOUR INGENUITY.
I don’t know why I never thought of this before, but it is perfection. Eating ice cream out of a bowl made of COOKIES. Do it now, seriously.