As I sit down to write, the wind is whipping the leaves off the trees and I’m trying to get my puppy to stop carrying the decorative gourds off the deck.
It must be Autumn!
I participate in many of the fall customs : pumpkin patch, hot drinks, thick socks. But I have not yet indulged in one that is apparently universal to my generation … watching the movie “Hocus Pocus”.
So for the next installment of my I Missed the 90s Movie Club, I am sitting down to watch this (apparently) Halloween-holiday classic.
What I think I know about this movie:
- From the MANY social media posts that swirl around this time of year, it would appear that Bette Midler and Sarah Jessica Parker are in this movie.
- And they are witches.
- And they come back to 1990s America for some reason?
- And there are in a rockin’ girl band.
- I assume there are spells where they need eye of newt and mustache of truck driver and stuff.
- Looks G-rated and appears to have wide appeal
The screening will take place on Sunday, October 18 at 7 p.m. in my living room. If you’d like to join, let me know! We’d be happy to have you on the farm and I’ll even cook … something.
If you can’t make it to our place, join us on Twitter on Sunday, October 18 at 7 p.m. There will be confusion, there will be surprises, and there will hopefully not be any sleeping.
You can find me on Twitter at @domesticaitblog. We’ll be using #missedthe90s as our movie party hashtag on Twitter — follow along!